Some web services and applications may not work as expected if you have an ad blocker installed, or if it’s been a while since you last cleared your browser cache.
Before doing anything else, make sure your internet browser is in good shape:
- Check that you’re using one of these common browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge.
- Update to the latest version of the browser:
- Go to whatismybrowser.com
- When you get there, the page will tell you if your browser is up to date. If not, there will be a big button that says “how to upgrade”
- Clear your cache and cookies. You can find instructions here: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge
- Reboot your computer
If you're using an ad blocker
Next, if you’re running into an error message while using the Glowforge App that reads “Unexpected Error” and you have an ad-blocker in your browser, it may help to try adding our app as an exception.
- Option 1: add *.glowforge.com to your ad blocker’s exception list.
- Option 2: As an alternative, you can add the following URLs to the exception list. These made change over time, so if adding these instead of *.glowforge.com, you may need to periodically check this support page to ensure the list of exceptions you’re using is up to date:
NOTE: You will need to add all of the domains above with this option.
If the trouble continues
If you’re running into the “Unexpected Error” message and you don’t have an ad blocker installed, or if adding the above to an exception list doesn’t resolve the issue, please reach out to our support team and we’ll be happy to help!