When your Glowforge is turned on and its lid is open, you'll notice that the Glowforge app shows the status as "Lid Open". If you see this message when the lid appears to be closed, there may be something preventing the lid from closing all the way or your printer may be in need of a replacement lid cable.
- Power off your Glowforge
- Open the lid and front door of your Glowforge
- Remove your crumb tray
- Check for and remove any debris that may prevent the front door from closing properly, particularly the area underneath the front door
- Close the front door and lid
- Power your Glowforge back on
- If your Glowforge no longer displays a lid open message with the crumb tray removed, carefully slide your crumb tray back in, making sure you feel the feet settle into the dimples in the base of the Glowforge printer
- Check to see if the Lid Open message is now resolved with your crumb tray back in place
If you're still receiving the Lid Open message after doing the above, please take a look at the following example photos and compare them to your Glowforge:
If you see anything on your Glowforge that looks different from the photos above, please take a picture and send it to us.
If your Glowforge looks the same as the above example photos, as a next step, check that the lid cables are connected correctly.
Follow these steps to check your lid cable connections:
- Turn off your printer and open the lid.
- Gently push on each of the clips pictured below to ensure that they are closed. Each clip should lie flat, and you shouldn't be able to flip it in any direction.
- If any of the clips are open, gently close them. Then turn your Glowforge back on, and check if you still see a Lid Open message in the app.
If all of your lid cable connections are inserted correctly, closed and undamaged, but you still see a Lid Open message when trying to use your Glowforge, it's likely that the black lid cable on your printer needs to be replaced. Replacement cables can be ordered in our shop here.