The lid of your Glowforge has two LED strips that light the printer bed. The left LED strip also connects the lid camera to the rest of your Glowforge. You may need to replace the strip if the LED lights aren’t working, if any of the connector clips are broken, or if our support team has recommended a new one.
If you think you need a new LED strip, please reach out to our support team.
Before you start replacing the LED strip
- You’ll need a new left LED strip and a plastic or metal putty knife or table knife to help remove the old LED strip.
- Please read through all instructions before you begin.
Remove the existing LED strip
- Turn off your Glowforge.
- Open the lid, and then on the left, locate the small white connector at the top of the LED strip and unplug it.
- Near the center of the LED strip, locate the connection to the camera cable.
Gently open the black plastic clip that secures the end of the lid camera cable and then slide the end of the cable straight out of the connection port.
- Using the same method at the bottom of the LED strip, disconnect the black lid cable.
- Insert the corner of the putty or table knife under the LED strip and follow the seam up the side of the LED strip to gently ease it loose from the lid.
- If needed, carefully remove any residual grey adhesive.
Install the new LED strip
- First, make sure that you're holding the new strip in the correct position. The clip for the black lid cable should be on the bottom. (You can take a look at the right side cable for reference.)
- Peel off the protective film from the new LED strip.
- Carefully line up the strip into position, making sure that the connector for the lid camera cable aligns with the cable. Then, working outwards from the camera cable, press the firmly strip onto the lid.
- To make sure the strip stays in place, firmly press up and down the length of the strip for a minute or two.
- Plug the small white connector at the top into the LED strip.
- With the camera cable clip open, plug the camera cable into the LED strip. Then gently close the clip.
- With the bottom clip still open, plug the end of the black lid cable into the clip and then gently close the clip.
- Double-check that all the clips are closed and secure.
- Now turn on your Glowforge, verify that the LED lights are working, and try a test print.
For help or questions, please contact our team and we'll be happy to assist you.