Printing on small things is one of the coolest things you can do with your Glowforge, and as you accumulate scraps and leftover material, you might be inspired to try it yourself! Here are some tips to help you get the best results.
Tips for printing on small pieces
- Make sure that you select the correct material, or enter your material height if using something other than Proofgrade™ material.
- Run Set Focus before you arrange your artwork to print.
- Always use objects with the same thickness during a single print.
Troubleshooting issues when printing on small pieces
Sometimes, printing on small pieces doesn't go so well. You might encounter these problems:
- Your engraves look fuzzy.
- The material isn’t cut all the way through.
- The print is misaligned (your finished print is more than ¼” (0.6 cm) away from the location you see in the preview in the app).
- You get an error message after pressing Print.
If you see these problems, your Glowforge may have incorrectly measured the height of your material.
Try running Set Focus. Set Focus lets precisely measure the height of your material, before you print.
If you're still having trouble, contact Glowforge Support. Please include the date and time of the print you tried and the type of material you were using. We’re here to help.