We know you like to create great art and designs for your Glowforge, but that doesn’t mean you want to create every shape from scratch every time. That’s why we’ve made it easy for you to copy and paste objects in your design. And when you do, you can choose whether to have all the copies print as a single step, or make a new print step for each copy.
You can also group objects, which makes it easy to move or resize the group as one object while the individual elements maintain their relationship. This is a big help when you’re moving and resizing things to make the placement of your artwork just so.
- To select what you want to copy, click on the object or artwork, or click and drag a selection box around it.
Right-click, and then select Copy.
Press Control+C for Windows or Command+C for Mac.
Tips (desktop and mouse only):
- To select multiple objects, hold the Shift key while clicking on the objects you want to select.
- To select everything in your design, press Ctrl+A for Windows or Command+A for Mac.
Paste and keep copies in the same print step
Once you’ve copied your selected objects or artwork, use this option if you want to set the original and copies to run as a single print step.
Right-click, and then select Paste.
Press Control+V for Windows or Command+V for Mac.
- In the print steps sidebar on the left, you’ll only see one print step for the objects you’ve pasted, and those objects will all have the same print settings.
Paste and create a new print step
Once you’ve copied your selected objects or artwork, you can set up different print settings for each copy you paste.
Right-click, and then select Paste creating new steps.
Press Control+Shift+V for Windows or Command+Shift+V for Mac.
- If you’d like, you can select a different print setting for this new step.
Here’s an example of a copied circle with a new print step:
Group, Edit in Group, and Ungroup
Use grouping to easily select and then move and resize a collection of objects while keeping their arrangement and the spacing between them consistent. And, when you're working within a group, you can make fine adjustments to just one of the items without having to ungroup everything.
- To select what you want to group, click on the object or artwork or click and drag a selection box around it.
Desktop and mouse
Right-click, and then select Group.
Press Control+G for Windows or Command+G for Mac.
- Now, when you click on any shape from the group you’ve made, the entire group will be selected. You can move and resize the arrangement while keeping the relationships between objects consistent.
Here’s an example of grouped objects that have been selected to move or resize:
Edit in Group
- Right-click (or double-click) on the group.
- In the menu, click Edit in Group.
- Select, drag, resize, or delete individual elements to get your design just how you want it.
- When you're ready to save, click Back.
Learn more about Glowforge Premium.