File won't upload
If you started to upload a file and it didn’t succeed, read on! Let’s walk through some steps together to see if we can get you back on track. Try uploading your file after each step; if it doesn’t work, continue to the next step.
Make sure your internet browser is in good shape
Make sure you’re using one of these common browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge
Update to the latest version of the browser:
- Go to whatismybrowser.com
- When you get there, the page will tell you if your browser is up to date. If not, there will be a big button that says “how to upgrade"
Reboot your computer
“Save As” a new file
- Open your file in your design software (if you don’t have design software, we recommend Inkscape)
- Go to File > Save As and select SVG or Inkscape SVG
Adjust your design file
- If your design is made up of multiple parts, try making it into more than one file and uploading just one part at a time
- If your design includes a large bitmap, try resizing it to make it smaller
- File size is limited to 100KB for Glowforge Aura users without a Glowforge Premium subscription. You can find tips for reducing SVG and PDF file size here.
Need help with uploading your file?
If your file still doesn’t upload, please do the following:
- Go to whatismybrowser.com.
- Click the button that says “Link."
- Copy the highlighted link.
- Contact Glowforge Support with the link.
- Attach your file to your email.
This will help us understand your situation better so we can work on it for you.