If you need to replace the laser head on your Glowforge Aura, It’s pretty easy. We'll guide you through every step. It's more than just physically swapping the part; in order to calibrate your new laser head, there are a few more steps you’ll need to complete to make sure it works properly.
Please read these instructions completely before you begin.
Caution: Never connect or disconnect the laser head while your Glowforge Aura is plugged in.
- Turn off and unplug your Glowforge Aura.
- Holding on to the laser arm end caps, move the laser arm to the center of the bed.
- Gently push the laser head to the center of the rails.
- With one hand, hold onto the laser head . With the other hand, grasp the black connector at the back of the laser head. Pull back on the connector to unplug it.
- Remove the laser head from the magnetic dock, and set it aside.
- Set your new laser head on the dock with the laser ribbon cable at the back and the Glowforge logo reading left to right. You’ll feel it magnetically snap into place.
- With one hand, hold onto the laser head. With the other hand, plug the laser ribbon cable into the laser head. Take care not to twist the cable.
- Close the lid on your Glowforge Aura, and plug it in.
- To complete the laser head installation, you must run Printer Head Setup within the Glowforge App. Follow the instructions at the link. You'll need 20 minutes, and one new sheet of white 20 lb. copy paper (standard home printer paper).
Note: To make sure the laser head is properly aligned, run Printer Head Setup every time you change out the printer head.
If you run into trouble or have any questions, please contact our team and we'll be happy to help!