Yay! We’re so happy that you want to be a Catalog Designer.
Whether you create practical prints for everyday problems, extraordinary works of art, or a little bit of both, we think the Glowforge Catalog can be incredibly rewarding for you. We always say here that Glowforge is magical, but we both know it’s the things you create that are the real magic. We want to see you and thousands of designers like you earn money directly from your creativity.
We want this to be an amazing experience for you and the customers who will buy your designs, so we take a lot of care choosing designers. This group of articles cover the essentials to start getting your designs into the Glowforge Catalog.
To become a Catalog designer, you’ll follow these steps:
- Apply to be a Catalog Designer (in this article)
- Choose a design (in this article)
- Prepare to submit your design
- Submit your design
- If your design is selected
Apply to be a Catalog Designer
Ready to share your ideas with the world? We think you’ve got the right stuff. We can’t wait to help sell your designs to other creators.
Premium members can apply to become a Catalog Designer through Early Access. Here’s how:
- When you are signed in to app.glowforge.com, in the upper right corner click the name of your printer
- In the window that opens, click Glowforge Early Access, and then in the menu, turn on the Catalog Designer Early Application option.
- Fill out the questions in the form to tell us a bit about yourself and provide a few examples of your creations.
- When you’re done, we’ll review your application, and then notify you at your Glowforge account email when you're approved!
We’re excited to offer your designs, and we know you’re eager to get approved and get started too.. We are going to take several weeks to review submissions – we want to get this right, and give your application the individual attention it deserves. During this review period, we won’t give status updates about your application, so that our team can focus 100% on your application (and everyone else’s).
So you can be prepared when you apply, here are the questions you'll answer:
- First off, what’s your name?
- What is your Glowforge account email?
- How would you describe your designs
(1-3 choices required)
- Art & Decor
- Office & Tech
- Jewelry & Accessories
- Toys & games
- Do you currently sell your designs?
- Nope, this is my first time!
- Yes, sometimes
- Yes! Selling designs is my primary income
- Great! Can you tell us how many designs you’re considering submitting?
(This helps us prepare for your submission and does not affect your consideration)
- 1-5 designs
- 6-8 designs
- 10+ designs
- Do you have a photograph of something you’d like to submit?
- Would you like to share a link to see more of your work?
(For example, your Etsy, Instagram, or Pinterest)
- If accepted, when would you be ready to submit your first design?
- Immediately! I can’t wait!
- Within a week, I need some time to prepare
- Within a month, I need some time to create them
Once you’ve applied to be a designer, you’re ready to choose a design you want to submit.
Choose a design
Choose a design that fits the following criteria:
- It is your original design, and doesn’t infringe on the rights of any rights holder.
- Choose a design that you’ve created from scratch. Your design should not copy elements from or be derived from someone else’s design.
- You’ve printed it successfully on Proofgrade materials using default settings.
- It is family friendly, and suitable for our community.
- It can be functional or artistic, simple or complex, but it’s gotta be a quality design that people are going to love.
- It should be G-rated and appropriate for children to see. Don’t include anything that could be offensive, distasteful, illegal, derogatory, or discriminatory. Please refer to our community policies in the Glowforge Terms.
- It is a single design, not a bundle.
- If multiple prints make up a single design, like a set of six garden stakes, submit them together.
- If you’ve created six different Art Deco necklaces, each necklace should be submitted separately.
Now that you’ve decided on the design you want to share with the world, you’ll do some prep work before you submit it.
Learn more about Glowforge Premium.